Actualités > IORA WEBINAR: PROMOTION OF SMALL-SCALE RURAL AQUACULTURE
IORA WEBINAR: PROMOTION OF SMALL-SCALE RURAL AQUACULTURE
COFREPECHE organizes in the context of the French Development Agency (AFD) funded project “Technical assistance for the Implementation of the IORA (Indian Ocean Rim Association) Action Plan on fisheries, Aquaculture and the Marine Environment”, a webinar on “Promotion of small-scale rural aquaculture”.
The webinar will take place on 31rst August 2021 from 07:00 to 09:00 (GMT) and will be hosted by the IORA Secretariat in collaboration with the AFD technical assistance team. It will be introduced by the IORA Secretariat and the IORA Working Group on the Blue Economy.
The general objective of the webinar is to present the situation of small-scale aquaculture in the IORA region and its development.
The specific objectives are the following:
- To present the technical report No.3 “Review of aquaculture, governance and development of small scale aquaculture in the IORA Region” prepared in the framework of the AFD TA to IORA . The review will focus on the organization of production (species, farms, and technologies), social and economic aspects providing a detailed situation of Member States’ aquaculture development;
- To illustrate the IO small-scale aquaculture experience through some lessons learnt on key problems and the sector development approach;
- To summarize experiences, specificities and IORA MS strengths into technical guidelines and prerequisites that accompany aquaculture development;
- To present some detailed case studies of community development with focus on community organization and involvement;
- To interact with participants on the regional situation for small-scale aquaculture development and register their views on the bottlenecks and regional strengths.
Photo credit: Pierre-Philippe Blanc